Breaking the rules of black metal....

Hguols
I have a music project that seems to be love or hate.  The reason for this is because the music I make is "unorthodox" to the traditional black metal formula.

Granted, I've had my share of traditional projects in the past, but going outside of the box has been the most satisfying to me.

The people that love this project love the drumming, melodies, that its fairly unique sounding and that its a symphonic wet dream.

The people that hate this project don't like that its 100% instrumental (over 4 releases, no vocals), don't like, for lack of better words, its electronic/synthetic roots.  (what you're actually hearing is MIDI)

What does everyone here think?

Here's a 15 minute video preview of the most recent album.
Hguols - Depiction Under The Obscure Seclusion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8LM_g-cOw

Thanks for your time!

http://www.hguols.com

Re: Breaking the rules of black metal....

Cappa
From early Mortiis to Burzum's prison releases, Black Metal has a history of being composed for synthesizers, sequencers and midi controllers.

I would suggest, however, that you consider finding a session guitarist that would be able to produce an analog recording that will go along with some of the electronically composed parts.  This will give it a more rounded out tone, and prevent you from being lumped in with Guitar Pro composers.